Applications for the academic year 2021/22 are closed.
The application for 2022/23 will be open in November 2021.
Round I: 1 December 2020-28 February 2021 (recommended for Visa-required students)
admission exam – 12-14 March 2021 Round II: 1 March – 30 April 2021
admission exam – 7-9 May 2021
The application period for 2021/2022 (start of studies in September 2021):
Round I – 1 December 2020 – 28 February 2021 (recommended for Visa-required students, to have more time to finish and submit the Visa application) –finished Round II – 1 March – 30 April 2021
To finish the application students have to pay the application fee in amount of 50 EUR (1.350,- CZK). Instructions for payment will be available to you in the e-application system once you have started your e-application.
(documents 1-3 have to be uploaded to the online application form, study documents are required also as “hard copies” – official verified- for more instructions ask at email@example.com)
- CV (in English, structured CV, max.2 pages)*
- ISM – Motivation Letter (in English, 1 page) / EDA – Recommendation letter (from your teacher, thesis supervisor, professional team leader…)*
- Proof of English knowledge (not necessary if your are a native speaker): either a confirmation that your bachelor program was taught full in English or one of international recognized language certificates at level B2 or higher (IELTS 5.5 or higher, TOEFL iBT 87 or higher, FCE, CAE, CPE or another internationally accepted English certificate corresponding to ‘B2’ level of the CEFR )*
- Study documents – hard copies (verified by a public notary office): transcript of records, bachelor’s diploma certificate (or a current confirmation of studies in case you are in the last semester of the bachelor’s program) – both documents are accepted in English language, if necessary please do official translation to Czech or English, recognition of the bachelor’s degree in the Czech Republic – the recognition should be done before you will pass the admission exam (for students who have already finished their bachelor’s degree) or before enrollment to studies (for students in their last year of bachelor’s studies)
*Students may ask the Dean of the Faculty for an exception to this rule.
The recognition of the bachelor’s/ master’s degree for purpose of the admission procedure at the Prague University of Economics and Business can be done due to the new institutional accreditation at our institution, it is a legal requirement according to Czech law.
We require the hard copies (have to be true of copies notarized/ verified by a notary office) of:
- final transcript of records (diploma supplement)
- diploma certificate
- both documents are accepted in English, if the documents were not issued in English by the university then you are requested to send also the official/verified translation of the documents to the English or Czech language
- applicant submits the request at the website https://edu.vse.cz
No appearance in person is required, to be done online. You will be asked to write within 3 days an essay on a given topic, the length of the essay 2.000-2.400 words: ISM – on an IT- related topic, EDA – on an economic-statistics related topic.
On Friday morning (8am CET) you will receive the topics and instructions for the admission essay on your email address given in the online application form. You will be asked to upload the essay to your application account till Sunday 12 midnight CET.
Dates for the admission exams:
Round I – 12-14 March 2021
- Round II – 7-9 May 2021
- Online enrollment to studies – June 2021.
- The tuition fee for the first semester (1.900 EUR) has to be done before 1st September.
- Orientation Days – 13-17 September 2021.
- Start of classes – 20 September 2021.