APPLICATIONS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2020/21 ARE CLOSED!
Applications for the academic year 2021/22 (start of studies in September 2021) will be open in November.
We have opened three application rounds (round I and II – recommended for Visa-required students, round III – only for EU citizen or foreigners already living in Czechia)
1) December 2019 – February 2020 (admission exam 13 – 15 March 2020) – recommended for Visa-required students
2) March – April 2020 (admission exam 8-10 May 2020)
3) May – June 2020 (admission exam 3 -5 July 2020) – only for students who don’t need to apply for Visa for their stay in the Czech Republic or who are already living in Czechia
Minimum admission requirements
E-application + Application fee
Round I – December 2019 – February 2020
Round II – March – April 2020
Round III – May-June 2020 (only for students who don’t need to apply for Visa for their stay in the Czech Republic or who are already living in Czechia)
Instructions for payment will be available to you in the e-application system once you have started your e-application.
Application package: required documents
(documents 1-3 have to be uploaded to the online application form, study documents are required also as “hard copies” – official verified- for more instructions ask at email@example.com)
- CV (in English, structured CV, max.2 pages)
- ISM – Motivation Letter (in English, 1 page) / EDA – Recommendation letter (from your teacher, thesis supervisor, professional team leader…)
- Proof of English knowledge (not necessary if your are a native speaker): either a confirmation that your bachelor program was taught full in English or one of international recognized language certificates at level B2 or higher (IELTS 5.5 or higher, TOEFL iBT 87 or higher, FCE, CAE, CPE)
Students may ask the Dean of the Faculty for an exception to this rule (due to the emergency measures in many countries) – more information here.
- Study documents – hard copies (verified by a public notary office): transcript of records, bachelor diploma (or a current confirmation of studies in case you are in the last semester of the bachelor program) – both documents are accepted in English language, if necessary please do official translation to Czech or English, recognition of the bachelor degree in the Czech Republic – the recognition should be done before you will pass the admission exam (for students who have already finished their bachelor degree) or before enrollment to studies (for students in their last year of bachelor studies)
Recognition of the previous education in the Czech Republic
The recognition of the bachelor’s/ master’s degree for purpose of the admission procedure at the University of Economics, Prague can be done due to the new institutional accreditation at our institution, it is a legal requirement according to Czech law.
We require the hard copies (have to be true of copies notarized/ verified by a notary office) of:
- final transcript of records (diploma supplement)
- diploma certificate
- both documents are accepted in English, if the documents were not issued in English by the university then you are requested to send also the official/verified translation of the documents to the English or Czech language
- applicant submits the request at the website https://edu.vse.cz
No appearance in person required, to be done per e-mail.
You will be asked to write within 3 days an essay on a given topic, the length of the essay 2.000-2.400 words: ISM – on an IT related topic, EDA – on an economic-statistics related topic.
On Friday morning (8am GMT) you will receive the topics and instructions for the admission essay on your email address given in your online application form and will be asked to send us the essay back till Sunday 12 midnight GMT.
Dates for the admission exams:
- Round I – 13 – 15 March 2020
- Round II – 8 – 10 May 2020
- Round III – 3-5 July 2020
Acceptance to the program
Online enrollment in studies – deadline by 12th July (round I and II), 22nd July (round III).
The tuition fee for the first semester (1.900 EUR) has to be done before 1st September.
Start of classes – 21 September 2020.