Applications for the academic year 2020/21 (start of studies in September 2020) will be open in November 2019.
We will open two-three application rounds:
1) November 2019 – February 2020 (admission exam 13 – 15 March 2020) – recommended for Visa-required students
2) March – April 2020 (admission exam 8-10 May 2020)
3) In case there will be still available capacity in the EDA and ISM programs, we will open also the third application round – May – June 2020 (admission exam 3 -5 July 2020) – only for students who don´t need to apply for Visa for their stay in the Czech Republic
Minimum admission requirements
E-application + Application fee
Round I – November 2019 – February 2020
Round II – March – April 2020
Instructions for payment will be available to you in the e-application system once you have started your e-application.
Application package: required documents
(all documents have to be sent by email as jpg or pdf files, study documents are required also as “hard copies” – official verified- for more instructions ask at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CV (in English, structured CV, max.2 pages)
- ISM – Motivation Letter (in English, 1 page) / EDA – Recommendation letter (from your teacher, thesis supervisor, professional team leader…)
- Proof of English knowledge (not necessary if your are a native speaker): either a confirmation that your bachelor program was taught full in English or one of international recognized language certificates at level B2 or higher (IELTS 5.5 or higher, TOEFL iBT 87 or higher, FCE, CAE, CPE)
- Study documents – hard copies (verified by a public notary office): transcript of records, bachelor diploma (or a current confirmation of studies in case you are in the last semester of the bachelor program) – both documents are accepted in English language, if necessary please do official translation to Czech or English, recognition of the bachelor degree in the Czech Republic (this is a legal requirement, the recognition should be done before enrollment to studies at latest)
Recognition of the previous education in the Czech Republic
The recognition of the bachelor´s/ master´s degree for purpose of the admission procedure at the University of Economics, Prague can be done due to the new institutional accreditation at our institution.
We require the hard copies (have to be true of copies notarized/ verified by a notary office) of:
- final transcript of records (diploma supplement)
- diploma certificate
- both documents are accepted in English, if the documents were not issued in English by the university then you are requested to send also the official/verified translation of the documents to the English or Czech language
- applicant submits the request at the website https://edu.vse.cz
The recognition of the previous university education has to be done at latest before enrollment to studies (before September 2020).
No appearance in person required, to be done per e-mail.
You will be asked to write within 3 days an essay on a given topic, the length of the essay 2.000-2.400 words: ISM – on an IT related topic, EDA – on an economic-statistics related topic.
Dates for the admission exams:
- Round I – 13 – 15 March 2020
- Round II – 8 – 10 May 2020
Acceptance to the program
Registration to studies – 11-18 September 2021 (Registration Day).
Start of classes – 21 September 2021.