Application round II (March 2019 -April 2019)
Information only for English taught Master´s programmes – ISM, MOS, QEA
Minimum admission requirements
- Bachelor degree (recommended in a related field of study)
- Recognition of the previous university education in the Czech Republic
- Proficiency in English
E-application + Application fee
The application period for 2018/2019, Round II (programme start in September 2019) will be running from 1st March 2019 to 30th April 2019.
To finish the application students have to pay the application fee in amount of 50 EUR (1300 CZK).
Instructions for payment will be available to you in the e-application system once you have started your e-application.
Application package: required documents
All documents have to be sent by email as jpg or pdf files, study documents are required also as “hard copies” – originals or official verified/ notarized- sent at following postal address.
- CV (in English, structured CV, max.2 pages)
- ISM – Motivation Letter (in English, 1 page) / MOS, QEA – Recommendation letter (from your teacher, thesis supervisor, professional team leader…)
- Proof of English knowledge (not necessary if your are a native speaker): either a confirmation that your bachelor programme was taught full in English or one of international recognised language certificates at level B2 or higher (IELTS 5.5 or higher, TOEFL iBT 87 or higher, FCE, CAE, CPE)
- Study documents: transcript of records, bachelor diploma (or a current confirmation of studies in case you are in the last semester of the bachelor programme), recognition of the previous university education in the Czech Republic (this is a legal requirement, the recognition should be done before enrolment to studies at latest, that means before 9 September at latest)
Recognition of the previous education in the Czech Republic
The recognition of the bachelor´s/ master´s degree for purpose of the admission procedure at the University of Economics, Prague can be done due to the new institutional accreditation at our institution.
We require the hard copies (have to be true of copies notarized/ verified by a notary office) of:
- final transcript of records (diploma supplement)
- diploma certificate
- both documents are accepted in English, if the documents were not issued in English by the university then you are requested to send also the official/verified translation of the documents to the English or Czech language
- applicant submits the request at the website https://edu.vse.cz
No appearance in person required, to be done per e-mail.
You will be asked to write:
- ISM – an essay on a given topic (IT related) , lenght of essay 2.000-2.400 words
- MOS – an essay on a given topic (Economic Statistics related), lenght of essay 2.000-2.400 words
- QEA – a test – interpret a small set of statistical data and outputs from statistical software
Date of the admission exam: 10 – 12 May 2019.
Acceptance to the programme
Registration to studies – 9 September 2019 (Registration Day).
Start of classes – 16 September 2019.