Application round III (May 2019 – June 2019)
Information only for English taught Master´s programmes – ISM, MOS, QEA
This application round has been set for non-Visa required students.
We can´t guarantee to non-EU students, that they will receive their Visa at time, in case they apply within this application round.
How to apply?
Minimum admission requirements
- Bachelor degree (recommended in a related field of study)
- Recognition of the previous university education in the Czech Republic
- Proficiency in English
E-application + Application fee
The application period for 2018/2019, Round III (programme start in September 2019) will be running from 4th May to 30th June 2019.
To finish the application students have to pay the application fee in amount of 50 EUR (1300 CZK).
Instructions for payment will be available to you in the e-application system once you have started your e-application.
Application package: required documents
Following documents have to be uploaded to the online application form or sent on email email@example.com:
- CV (in English, structured CV, max.2 pages)
- ISM – Motivation Letter (in English, 1 page) / MOS, QEA – Recommendation letter (from your teacher, thesis supervisor, professional team leader…)
- Proof of English knowledge (not necessary if your are a native speaker): either a confirmation that your bachelor programme was taught full in English or one of the international recognised language certificates at level B2 or higher (IELTS 5.5 or higher, TOEFL iBT 87 or higher, FCE, CAE, CPE)
These documents have to be sent as “hard copies” – originals or official verified/ notarized copies – at following postal address.
- Study documents – are accepted in English language (if necessary official verified translation is required): transcript of records, bachelor diploma (or a current confirmation of studies in case you are in the last semester of the bachelor programme)
- Recognition of the previous university education in the Czech Republic (this is a legal requirement, the recognition should be done before enrolment to studies at latest, that means before 9 September at latest) – you may apply for the recognition at our university (then you send us the hard copies of the final study documents only once!)
Recognition of the previous education in the Czech Republic
The recognition of the bachelor´s/ master´s degree for purpose of the admission procedure at the University of Economics, Prague can be done due to the new institutional accreditation at our institution.
We require the hard copies (have to be true of copies notarized/ verified by a notary office) of:
- final transcript of records (diploma supplement)
- diploma certificate
- both documents are accepted in English, if the documents were not issued in English by the university then you are requested to send also the official/verified translation of the documents to the English or Czech language
- applicant submits the request at the website https://edu.vse.cz
No appearance in person required, to be done per e-mail.
You will be asked to write:
- ISM – an essay on a given topic (IT related) , lenght of essay 2.000-2.400 words
- MOS – an essay on a given topic (Economic Statistics related), lenght of essay 2.000-2.400 words
- QEA – a test – interpret a small set of statistical data and outputs from statistical software
Date of the admission exam: 9-11 July 2019.
Acceptance to the programme
Registration to studies – 9 September 2019 (Registration Day).
Start of classes – 16 September 2019.