Applications for the academic year 2023/24 (start of studies in September 2023) are CLOSED, applications for the academic year 2024/25 (start of studies in September 2024) will be open in November 2023.
Round I: Round II:
1 December 2022 -28 February 2023
(recommended for Visa-required students)
admission exam – 3-5 March 2023
7 March – 30 April 2023
admission exam – 5-7 May 2022
Complete the online application form, pay the application fee Add proof of English proficiency Add study documents – (ask for recongition of previous studies)
Complete the online application form, pay the application fee
Add proof of English proficiency
Add study documents – (ask for recongition of previous studies)
The application period for 2023/2024 (start of studies in September 2023):
Round I – 1 December 2022 – 28 February 2023(recommended for Visa-required students, to have more time to finish and submit the Visa application) – CLOSED Round II – 7 March – 30 April 2023– CLOSED
To finish the application, students have to pay the application fee in amount of 50 EUR (1.250,- CZK). Instructions for payment will be available to you in the e-application system once you have started your e-application.
⇒Students applying for the programme Information Systems Management have to select one of the specialization, Management of Business Informatics or Data & Business. You may apply for both specialization (for one application fee), but the priority for one of the specialization has to be selected.
⇒Students applying for the programme Economic Data Analysis will choose their specialization during the first semester, they apply just for the programme Economic Data Analysis.
(documents 1-3 have to be uploaded to the online application form, study documents are required also as “hard copies” – official verified- for more instructions ask at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CV – use this form only, CV form for ISM, CV form for EDA; have to be uploaded to the online application form
- Motivational video – 2-3 Minutes long, upload the video to YouTube channel or Vimeo application, insert the link into the CV form; Tips and instructions for the motivational video
- Proof of English proficiency (not necessary if your are a native speaker): either a confirmation that your bachelor programme was taught full in English or one of international recognized language certificates at level B2 or higher (IELTS 6 or higher, TOEFL iBT 78 or higher, FCE, CAE, CPE, Duolingo 110 or higher or another internationally accepted English certificate corresponding to ‘B2’ level of the CEFR) – have to be uploaded to the online application form
- Study documents (look to Recognition of the previous education in the Czech Republic)
The recognition of the bachelor’s/ master’s degree for purpose of the admission procedure at the Prague University of Economics and Business can be done due to the new institutional accreditation at our institution, it is a legal requirement according to Czech law.
We require the hard copies (have to be true of copies notarized/ verified by a notary office) of:
- final transcript of records (diploma supplement)
- diploma certificate
- both documents are accepted in English, if the documents were not issued in English by the university then you are requested to send also the official/verified translation of the documents to the English or Czech language
- applicant submits the request at the website https://edu.vse.cz
No appearance in person is required, to be done online. You will be asked to write within 3 days an essay on a given topic, the length of the essay 2.000 words: ISM – on an IT- related topic, EDA – on an economic-statistics related topic.
On Friday morning (8am CET) you will receive the topics and instructions for the admission essay on your email address given in the online application form. You will be asked to upload the essay to your application account till Sunday 12 midnight CET.
Dates for the admission exams:
- Round I – 3-5 March 2023
- Round II – 5-7 May 2023
|Part of the exam||Maximum score|
|Review of the motivational video||25 %|
|Overal evaluation of the applicant (review of the CV)||25 %|
|Admission argumentative essay||50 %|
Online enrollment to studies – June 2023
The tuition fee for the first semester (2.500 EUR) has to be done before 1st September 2023
Start of classes – Mid September 2023.